Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"Rock my Socks" off!


Today i went down to pick up my prize for commenting on Holloway's Country Home - Blog Holloway's Country Home Custom Handmade Quilts; "Socks" designed by Maria Holloway herself.    I choose the color green.  The question was what kind of quilting block "Rock your Socks off?" - my answer was Pinwheels.  I really did not think pinwheels did it for me until I saw a quilt hanging on the wall of a quilt shop in Elk River Minnesota that I visited with friends.  the quilt was the Perfect Palette Designed by Angie Roberts the owner of  "The Noble Quilter"The quilt pairs log cabin blocks with pinwheels units in soft cocoa browns and Teal. (the pattern is featured in the Spring/Summer 2013 Issue of Quilt Sampler)

Maria has designed a new  Applique Quilt quoted from her blog.   "Maria is always designing new quilts.  Actually her newest release can be seen on p. 55 of the September issue of American Quilter.  It's a beauty that features the AQS 30th Anniversary Dogwood Fabrics and original artwork from one of Maria's friends in the Gatlinburg Arts & Crafts Community."  I had rushed over to take a peek at the quilt and it is a beauty! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my Blog Posts. I enjoy reading your Comments & feedback. I love hearing from you.